Sweet and sour prawns
Ready in: 0:43 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 30.01.2019
Last changes: 10.03.2020
- Wash the coriander, shake it dry, tear the leaves from the stalks, put them into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Remove the chopped leaves and rinse out the blender jug.
- Peel and halve the onion, peel the garlic clove, put both into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the turbo button/1 second. Use the spatula to scrape the pieces down the inside of the blender jug. Add the vegetable oil and, without the measuring beaker in place, sauté with the roast button/3 minutes/120 °C. Squeeze the lime and put it in the blender jug along with 1 litre of water and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Wash and trim the mangetouts and peppers. Halve and deseed the peppers and remove the stalks. Cut the peppers into 1-cm pieces and put the pepper pieces and the mangetouts in the shallow steamer basket. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Wash the prawns, place them in the cooking pot and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Insert the cooking pot into the blender jug, attach the deep steamer basket to the blender jug, close the lid and steam with the steamer button.
- Peel the ginger and chop it very finely. Briefly toast the sesame seeds in a dry coated pan.
- Once the cooking time is up, remove the steamer attachment and set it to one side, keeping the lid on. Remove the cooking pot containing the prawns. Pour the contents of the blender jug through a sieve, reserving
- the liquid.
- Drain the pineapple chunks in a sieve. Put the ketchup, white wine vinegar, chilli sauce, ginger, honey, soy sauce and cornflour into the blender jug, and, with the measuring beaker in place, process for 8 seconds/speed setting 4. Add the pineapple chunks and, with the measuring beaker in place, bring to a boil with the reverse button/5 minutes/speed setting 1/100 °C. If the sauce gets too thick, add some of the preserved liquid as required. Add the prawns and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix in with the reverse button/20 seconds/speed setting 1.
- Arrange the prawns in the sauce and the vegetables on places and garnish with the sesame seeds and coriander.
Basmati rice goes well with this dish.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine