Sweet pumpkin bake with walnuts
Ready in: 1:45 h
Preparation time: 15 min.
Created on: 29.11.2018
- Wash the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut into rough pieces approximately 4 cm long. (It is not necessary to peel Hokkaido pumpkins).
- Pour 1 litre of water into the blender jug, arrange the pumpkin in the deep steamer basket and cook with the steamer button/30 minutes. Let the pumpkin release its steam for 15 minutes and pour the water out of the blender jug. Then put the pumpkin into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, blend for 20 seconds/speed setting 6. Decant the purée and allow to cool. Wash and dry the blender jug.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C, and grease a baking tin with 1 teaspoon of butter. Put the flour, baking powder, 100 g sugar, the spices and orange peel into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 15 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Add the pumpkin purée, milk and oil and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 50 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the tin, top with walnuts and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bring 250 ml water to the boil, pour slowly into the tin and do not stir.
- Bake the dish for 45 minutes and serve immediately, while still hot. Serve with ice cream or custard.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine