Tomato soup with mozzarella
Preparation time: 25 min.
Created on: 04.08.2016
Last changes: 01.09.2016
- Dice the bacon and place in the blender jug. Add the oil and fry the bacon using the roast button. Peel and halve the onions and peel the garlic cloves, then add both to the blender jug and chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to push the ingredients back down off the sides and into the centre of the container. Cook for 2 minutes/110 °C/roast button.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut into quarters, remove the seeds and cut out the stalks. First chop them up finely in the blender jug for 15 seconds, then cook at 110 °C/roast button.
- Add the tomato paste and stock and cook all the ingredients for 15 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 2. Purée the soup for 40 seconds/speed setting 8, gradually increasing the speed setting from 6 to 7 to 8. Add the cream, salt, pepper and sherry and blend the mixture for 20 seconds/speed setting 4.
- Divide the mozzarella into slices, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tip the flour and breadcrumbs into separate saucers. Beat the egg in a shallow dish. Coat each mozzarella slice in flour, then dip in beaten egg and finally coat with breadcrumbs, gently pressing the coating onto the cheese.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the mozzarella slices on both sides until golden brown. Serve the soup with an accompaniment of mozzarella slices.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine