Turkey strips with Metaxa sauce
- Trim the mushrooms and cut into quarters or halves depending on their size. Wash and dry the courgette and cut into pieces measuring 2 x 2 cm long. Arrange the mushrooms and courgette pieces in the deep steamer basket and season with 2 pinches each of salt and pepper.
- Rinse the turkey escalope under cold running water, pat dry and slice into dice measuring 2 x 2 cm. Peel and halve the onions and cut into strips. Put them into a bowl with the meat. Add the olive oil and season with ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper, paprika pepper and oregano. Then mix everything together well and arrange the meat in the shallow steamer basket.
- Put the rice in the cooking pot and hang the cooking pot in the blender jug. Pour 1 litre of cold water and 1 teaspoon of salt over the rice in the blender jug. Hang the shallow steamer basket with the turkey meat in, in the deep steamer basket, close and place on the blender jug and steam everything with the steamer button/15 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, remove the deep steamer basket and put aside closed. Remove the cooking pot and keep the rice warm. Empty the blender jug.
- Put the hot stock, cream and Metaxa (both at room temperature), the tomato purée, the kebab seasoning and the soured cream into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 10 seconds/speed setting 7. Then, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 5 minutes/speed setting 2/100 °C.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir in for 10 seconds/speed setting 2. Serve the vegetables, meat and rice with the sauce.
If the dish is not for adults only, replace the Metaxa with another 30 ml of stock. Simply season more vigorously at the end, as desired.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine