Veal sausage salad with pretzels
Ready in: 1:45 h
Preparation time: 30 min.
Created on: 05.09.2019
Last changes: 01.09.2019
- To make the pretzels, put 300 ml lukewarm water and the sugar into the blender jug. Crumble in the yeast and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 3 minutes/speed setting 1/37 °C.
- Add the cubed butter, plain flour and 1 teaspoon of salt, and, with the measuring beaker in place, process with the knead button/2 minutes until you have a smooth dough.
- Take out the yeast dough, shape it into a ball, place it in a bowl, cover, and leave to prove in a warm place for at least 30 minutes, until it has doubled in size. Clean out the blender jug thoroughly.
- Put 200 ml water and the bicarbonate of soda into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, warm for 1 minute 30 seconds/speed setting 1/100 °C. Decant the bicarbonate of soda solution, set it aside and rinse out the blender jug.
- Pour 500 ml warm water into the blender jug, place the veal sausages in the cooking pot and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 12 minutes/speed setting 1/80 °C.
- Remove the veal sausages, leave them to cool for 10 minutes, then peel them and cut them into 0.5-cm slices. Rinse out the blender jug with cold water and pre-heat the oven to 190 °C.
- Knead the yeast dough thoroughly with your hands and divide it into 8 portions. Roll out the individual portions on a floured surface to form 40-cm-long strands that are markedly thinner at the ends and somewhat fatter in the middle. Hold the ends in your hands and cross them over to make a looped pretzel. Press the ends together firmly with a little water.
- Place the pretzels on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, brush generously with the bicarbonate of soda solution, and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake the pretzels in the oven for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, wash the chives and thyme and shake them dry, then cut the chives into little rolls. Peel the onion and cut it into quarters. Wash, quarter and core the apple.
- Halve the gherkins and put them into the blender jug along with the onions and apple quarters. With the measuring beaker in place, chop everything for 7 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and fry the veal sausage slices together with the sprigs of thyme. Put the fruit vinegar, olive oil, mustard, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, chopped chives and veal sausage slices into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, process with the reverse button/8 seconds/speed setting 2. Season the salad with salt and pepper and process again with the reverse button/8 seconds/speed setting 2. Leave the salad to stand for 20 minutes.
- Serve the salad with the pretzels while they are still slightly warm.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine