Vegan banana bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C. Grease the loaf tin and dust with spelt flour.
- Chop the walnuts very coarsely with a large knife and dry-fry in a frying pan until they release their nutty aroma.
- Peel the bananas, cut into pieces 4 cm long and put in the blender jug. Add the almond drink (at room temperature), rapeseed oil and cider vinegar and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 10 seconds/speed setting 6. Use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug.
- Put the walnuts, spelt flour, cane sugar, cocoa powder, cream of tartar and 1 pinch of salt into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 1 minute/speed setting 4.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth it out and bake for 45 minutes. Carry out a test with a wooden skewer to check if baked and, if necessary, bake for a little longer.
- Carefully release the banana bread from the tin, tap off the excess flour and allow to cool completely on a cake rack.
You can replace the walnuts with other types of nut or almonds, if desired.
If you like, you can also add 3 pinches of cinnamon to the mixture.
This banana bread will keep at least a week stored in a cool place in a closed airtight tin.
The banana bread freezes particularly well when sliced.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine