- Pre-heat your oven to 140 °C (fan).
- Put the shelled walnuts into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop roughly for 4 seconds/speed setting 5.
- Add both sorts of rolled oats, oat bran and linseed, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the reverse button/15 seconds/speed setting 3. Remove and set them to one side.
- Pour the vegetable oil and maple syrup into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, heat for 4 minutes/speed setting 3/85 °C. Add the rolled oat mixture and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix with the reverse button/1 minute/speed setting 3.
- Transfer the granola to a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and toast in the oven for 30 minutes. Stir once halfway through.
- Leave the granola to cool on the baking sheet.
If stored in an airtight container, the granola will keep for about 2 weeks.
You can tweak the granola to suit your taste, e.g. replacing walnuts with macadamias, using spelt flakes instead of rolled oats, or honey instead of maple syrup.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine