Warm parsnip salad with saithe skewers
- Wash the parsley and shake dry. Remove the leaves from the stalks and put the leaves into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, chop for 8 seconds/speed setting 6. Decant and rinse out the blender jug.
- Peel the parsnips, wash and cut into 0.5-cm slices. Hang the cooking pot in the blender jug, place the parsnip slices in the cooking pot and season with ½ teaspoon of salt. Pour 500 ml of hot water into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, cook with the steamer button/10 minutes. Then remove the cooking pot, drain the parsnips and allow the steam to evaporate for 10 minutes. Empty the blender jug and rinse it out with cold water.
- Trim and wash the radishes and cut into 0.5-cm slices. Trim and wash the spring onions and cut into thin rings. Put the parsnips, radishes and spring onions into a large bowl.
- Put the warm vegetable stock, white wine vinegar, rapeseed oil, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, stir for 30 seconds/speed setting 5. Pour the marinade over the parsnips, radishes and spring onions and toss carefully. Rinse out the blender jug.
- Pour 1 litre of hot water into the blender jug. Rinse the fish under cold running water and pat dry. Cut into 3-cm pieces and slide onto 4 wooden skewers. Place the skewers in the shallow steamer basket and hang it in the deep steamer basket. Drizzle the skewers with ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper and the lemon juice. Attach the deep steamer basket to the blender jug, close and cook everything with the steamer button/10 minutes.
- Snip the cress from the punnet. Arrange the fish skewers on the parsnip salad and serve sprinkled with the parsley and cress.
Instead of using radishes and spring onions in the parsnip salad, apple and pickled gherkins also work well. For this variation, wash, peel, quarter and remove the seeds from 1 apple (120 g). Halve 3 pickled gherkins (60 g) and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop with the apple in the blender jug for 8 seconds/speed setting 5. Toss the apple and gherkin mixture with the parsnips.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine