- Put the crumbled yeast and 320 ml water at room temperature in the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 10 seconds/speed setting 3.
- Add the flour and 2 teaspoons of salt and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix into a smooth dough with the knead button.
- Put the dough in a floured bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and allow to prove in a warm place for 1 hour, until the volume has doubled.
- Then, with floured hands, knead the dough through well, put in a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper, cover and allow the dough to prove for another hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 °C. Turn down the temperature to 200 °C and bake the bread for 45 minutes.
- Cool the baked bread on a cake rack.
If you prefer a round loaf, prove the bread in a round, not overlarge bowl. Then carefully put it in the pre-heated oven and bake immediately.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine