Wholemeal pizza with pancetta and radicchio
Preparation time: 20 min.
Created on: 08.08.2016
Last changes: 01.09.2016
- To make the dough, sift the flour into the blender jug. Add the yeast, 150 ml water, honey, ½ teaspoon of salt and 3 tablespoons of oil, then knead into a smooth dough using the knead button. Give the dough another good knead by hand. Place the dough in a floured bowl, then cover with a kitchen towel. Leave to rise in a warm place for 2 hours until the dough has doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 °C. Knead the dough once again by hand, then either roll it out on a baking tray lined with baking paper or shape it into 2 circular pizzas approx. 25 cm in diameter, placing these on baking paper.
- Drain the mozzarella, then chop into small pieces or grate. Add 125 g sour cream to the blender jug along with the rest of the olive oil, mozzarella, salt and pepper, then blend for 20 seconds/speed setting 3. Spread the sauce over the pizza bases, then bake on the lowest shelf of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the rosemary and shake dry. In a small saucepan, make a syrup by boiling the balsamic vinegar, cane sugar and rosemary together for 12 minutes. Remove the pan from the hob and leave to cool. Remove the sprig of rosemary.
- Clean and wash the radicchio, then pat dry. Tear any larger leaves into smaller pieces. Cut the pancetta slices in half and the chestnuts into thin slices.
- Brush the freshly baked pizza bases with the remaining sour cream, then top with radicchio, chestnuts and pancetta. Serve the pizza drizzled with balsamic vinegar syrup.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine