Winter salad with red cabbage, walnuts and oranges
- Put the walnuts into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop for 5 seconds/speed setting 5. Then decant.
- Fillet the orange and put to one side. By hand, squeeze out the flesh left between the membranes of the orange and reserve the juice. Pour 70 ml of the orange juice into the blender jug along with the rapeseed oil at room temperature, the vinegar, mustard, sugar, ½ teaspoon of salt, 2 pinches of pepper, and walnut oil, and, with the measuring beaker in place, mix for 20 seconds/speed setting 4. Then decant the dressing.
- Trim and wash the red cabbage and remove the stalk. Chop the cabbage into rough pieces and, with the measuring beaker in place, chop in the blender jug for 10 seconds/speed setting 5. If necessary, use the spatula to scrape down the inside of the blender jug, and repeat the process.
- Wash the salad leaves and spin them dry.
- Put the red cabbage and salad leaves in a large bowl and mix well with half of the dressing. Arrange the salad in bowls, place the orange segments on top, sprinkle the walnuts and the shaved Parmesan on top of these.
The remaining dressing will keep in a screw-top jar in the refrigerator for 1 week.
It is quite easy to fillet an orange. First, cut off the top and bottom of the orange so that the flesh can be seen. Next, stand the orange on its base and, using a sharp knife, remove stripes of the peel so that the pith is completely removed from the flesh. Finally, again using the knife, cut out the individual segments from between the membranes. It is best to hold the orange over a small bowl to catch the juice.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine