Yeast dumplings with poppy seed butter and vanilla sauce
- Put the milk at room temperature and the sugar into the blender jug. Crumble in the yeast and, with the measuring beaker in place, warm everything for 3 minutes/37 °C/speed setting 1. Add the cubed butter, egg and plain flour, and, with the measuring beaker in place, work with the knead button/2 minutes to form a smooth dough.
- Decant the yeast dough into a bowl, cover and leave to prove in a warm place for at least 30 minutes, until it has doubled in size. Clean out the blender jug thoroughly.
- To make the vanilla sauce, insert the mixer attachment. Slit the vanilla pod open lengthways and scrape out the pulp. Mix the cornflour together with 3 tablespoons of cold milk.
- Put the vanilla pulp, the remaining milk, sugar, egg and cornflour paste into the blender jug. With the measuring beaker in place, mix everything together for 8 seconds/speed setting 4, then, with the measuring beaker in place, cook for 15 minutes/100 °C/speed setting 1.
- Decant the vanilla sauce and put it to one side. Clean out the blender jug.
- Divide the yeast dough into 4 portions and shape each portion into a ball with your hands.
- Gently press the balls flat with your hand and add 1 tablespoon of plum jam to each.
- Carefully press the dough cakes together to make balls and place them in the deep steamer basket.
- Pour 1 litre of water at room temperature into the blender jug, close the steamer attachment and put it in place, then cook the yeast dumplings with the steamer button.
- Remove the steamer attachment, with the lid still on, and set to one side. Empty out the blender jug.
- To make the poppy seed butter, put the poppy seeds, sugar and soft butter into the blender jug and, with the measuring beaker in place, heat for 4 minutes/70 °C/speed setting 3. Decant and clean out the blender jug.
- Serve the yeast dumplings with the vanilla sauce and the poppy seed butter.
The vanilla sauce will thicken up a little. If you want it a little runnier, add a shot of milk (fresh whole milk, 3.5% fat) to the vanilla sauce and stir it vigorously once more with a whisk before serving.
Bon appétit with Monsieur Cuisine